FAQs – Your hot water heater questions answered
How do I get rid of my rental tank after I make the switch to ownership?
Ask us to take it away. We can’t cancel your current rental contract for you, but we can remove your old tank, install your new one, and return the rental to your previous supplier. You don’t have to do any heavy lifting.
How long will my new water heater last?
Both tankless and hot water tank heaters last anywhere from 15-20 years, with proper maintenance.
What maintenance does my hot water tank need?
Regular maintenance is quick and painless, and it’s included in your purchase from CLARITY by ClimateCare*. Every 3-4 years we will:
- Clean the burners.
- Inspect the flues and vents.
- Inspect your gas line. We want you to be safe!
- Remove and clean your T&P valve (every few years).
- Drain the tank and flush out any sediment.
When these jobs are completed, you can be confident any impending issue will get caught. You might never have to deal with an expensive water heater repair.
What are the benefits of the monthly cost of ownership versus renting?
With monthly cost of owning your hot water heater, you instantly pick up a handful of benefits:
- Your payments remain the same throughout the term.
- Your payments don’t continue forever, only for the term of the loan.
- When your term ends, you own the water heater. No more payments.
- Your payments are likely very similar to your current rental payments. In fact, the payments might be less.
Hot water is leaking from the bottom of my tank. What do I do?
Call your contractor/retailer right away! This could be something as minor as condensation or something as serious as a compromised tank. Either way, the safest plan of action is to contact a pro.
The pressure in my shower is inconsistent. What’s the problem?
The likely culprit is sediment in your water tank. Sounds like your regular maintenance was skipped more than once by your rental provider. Give us a call and we’ll sort it out quickly, with no disruption to your regular routine.
These are fairly common, but there are other, more specific hot water heater questions too. Get in touch with your local CLARITY by ClimateCare retailer and get the answer you need fast. We’re eager to help!
* Annual maintenance performed when performing a precision tune-up on any other piece of home comfort equipment.